You may not have known: Tea is a very delicious and nutritious drink for health in all of the seasons of the year. Unlike hot chocolate or coffee, tea is a drink you can drink on a regular basis even when you are sick or have a cold. Not only soothe the throat, but the hot cups of tea are also the perfect remedy for your cold. For all of these reasons, read through this article to learn about the best teas for a cold as well as its full use.
Herbal teas such as green tea, chrysanthemum, mint tea ... are extremely suitable for people who have a cold and are loved by many people. Not only soothe the throat, but the hot cups of tea are also the perfect remedy for your health. So if you are looking for a tea that can heal your cold, keep reading Talbott Tea’s detailed reviews for the best teas for a cold by now.
Best for: fighting off cold-causing bacteria easily
Best for: preventing fatigue and stressful
Best for: relieving cold symptoms effectively
Best for: reducing the feeling of nauseous, adding more energy
Best for: supporting the body for the feeling of extremely relaxed
** You will find our detailed reviews of the best teas for a cold below, also, click these following links to view the current prices and customer comments on Amazon.
Top 15 best teas for a cold Reviews 2020
Organic Echinacea Plus Tea
- HERBAL POWER: Fires up the immune system.*
- TASTE: Sweet, tart flavor and fresh berry notes.
- PLANT STORY: Echiancea and elderberry are some of the most widely studied herbs for their ability to promote a healthy immune response.*
- USDA Certified Organic. Non-GMO Verified. Kosher. Caffeine Free. Certified B Corp. Compostable Tea Bags.
- Consistently high quality herbs from ethical trading partnerships.
As a specialty herbal brand, this tea brand is considered by many to be the best tea for treating colds and flu. Trusted by the majority of consumers.
In addition to being a cold reliever, it has many other uses, such as helping with many symptoms associated with sore throats. The peppermint flavor found in tea will soothe feelings that may cause discomfort or pain in your throat. It also has properties that can effectively act as an expectorant, helping to reduce congestion for adults.
In addition, it can also help reduce diseases such as laryngitis ... So it has become the number 1 choice of users when it comes to best tea for a cold. Unlike what you might think, it has an easy-to-drink flavor that is great for both adults and children.
TheraFlu Multi-Symptom Severe Cold
- Theraflu Lipton green tea & Honey Lemon multi-symptom severe Cold relief
- Powerful cold relief with the great taste of Lipton flavors
- Green tea and Honey Lemon, hot liquid powder
Belonging to a famous brand: Lipton, this tea brand is made up of amazing ingredients. Formulated with good ingredients to help relieve cold and cough symptoms. This unique combination of many herbs together makes this tea become one of the best herbal tea for a cold with an effective solution to reduce colds effectively.
However, this tea is not going to relieve the sore throat. The combination of lemon and honey - delicious and healthy, but not good enough for a sore throat or other serious illnesses. Because it has a sweet taste, it is especially suitable for those who love sweetness and hate bitter or spicy, hot flavors.
Note that you might know: this tea has many active chemicals, not completely organic origin like other paper bag teas.
Pure Leaf Cold Brew
- Includes 8 (14oz) bottles of Pure Leaf Cold Brew Slightly Sweet Black Tea
- Brewed 3x longer and at a colder temperature, resulting in our smoothest taste yet
- 60 calories per bottle
This is another popular best tea for cold among the whole tea brands with a blend of a wide variety of flavors. When taken into the body, the nutrients in tea will stimulate your body so that the body can respond to an immune response, thereby reducing cold symptoms, effectively for the body's recovery process.
When you try it, it will bring you a lovely taste that envelops your throat and mouth cavity so that it has an immediate pain relief, phlegm-relieving effect.
If you are a lover of sweetness and comfort then this tea will not really be suitable for you given the fact that it has a slightly pleasant taste. All ingredients have a general purpose of cooling and the manufacturer does not pay much attention to sweeteners and flavor enhancers on the tea's desensitizing effects.
HEY GIRL, FEEL BETTER – Herbal Immune Booster
- FLUSH IMPURITIES OUT IN A GENTLE YET EFFECTIVE WAY - Feeling bloated and sluggish lately? Our Cleanse tea is just what you need! With just a cup before bedtime, you'll start feeling better in no time. Plus, there's no need to worry about cramps or feeling horrible the next day - this delicious detox cleanser is easy on the tummy and won't leave you feeling anything but refreshed and rejuvenated.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS & WORK AS DESCRIBED - Not your typical laxative tea. Made with all natural aromatic herbs like senna leaf, milk thistle, burdock root, lemongrass, alfalfa, dandelion leaf, and more. It acts as a natural laxative and is great for gut health and digestion, helps control hunger, reduce belly bloating and ibs.
- BEST TASTING CLEANSING TEA YOU WILL EVER TRY - We've blended premium ingredients from all over the world to create a tea that is both effective and flavor-packed. Plus, it's KETO-FRIENDLY and GLUTEN-FREE, making it the perfect choice for those on a special diet. So whether you're looking to clean your system or just enjoy a tasty cup of tea, our amazing tea is sure to please.
- AS EASY AS 1-2-3 - If you're looking for a simple way to improve your metabolism and get a flatter tummy, our Cleanse tea is exactly what you need. Just steep the leaves in tea bags or a tea infuser for 5-10 minutes, depending on your desired strength, and drink it hot or cold after dinner or just before bedtime. Don't worry, it's CAFFEINE-FREE!
- WORTH TRYING - If you're looking for a way to cleanse your body and improve your overall health, our detox tea is definitely worth a try! Many of our clients have seen amazing results from regular consumption, so you can trust us when we say that it works! Not only is it excellent value, but you're guaranteed to love the results. Give it a try today and see for yourself! You won't be disappointed.
Its name is "Hey Girl" but it's not just for "girls"! Anyone can use it, because it's tea, it's very healthy so I tell you never to feel shy about buying it. With a combination of the following ingredients: Echinacea, lemon and honey, this tea is guaranteed to boost your immunity to fight disease and at the same time help reduce cold symptoms almost immediately. that's it.
However, compared to other teas and compared to the teas just mentioned above, this type is relatively sweeter. If the cold is accompanied by a sore throat and symptoms are severe, you will need to choose a tea that works better and has a hotter spicy taste to help clear the phlegm. However, it can also be considered a delicious best hot tea for a cold if you know how to make it and make it unique.
Birds & Bees Teas - Family Immunity Tea
- SITZ BATH SOAK —for skin. Our special blend of herbs are used for a sitz bath soak. Sarah recently said, This is good stuff for everyone who is feeling a bit off in your personal areas. Gets things right.
- USE OUR TEA EXTERNALLY & USE THE PADS —make a tea for your bottom (you read that right!) from this carefully crafted blend of herbs and salts. Sitz Bath to make a soak for your bottom and use the sachet either warm or cold after freezing
- Make a tea for your bottom - yes, your bottom - from this blend of herbs and salts
- 💯 SATISFACTION GUARANTEE—we’re confident you’ll love our all-natural proprietary blend made with high quality ingredients, but if you’re not 100% happy with our teas—for any reason—tell us within 30 days and we’ll refund your money. No questions asked
If you are a person who is very caring and always cares for the health of your entire family, this is a handcrafted herbal tea that contains antioxidants and helps boost natural immunity to keep. for everyone to be healthy. Can be used comfortably, even in the cold season. If you don't want to get sick, drink one or several cups of this tea daily to maintain a strong immune system and health. You can see this as a way to boost the immunity of the whole family both easily and naturally when coming to this delicious tea.
Not only is it delicious, it is also very safe for both pregnant mothers and children. All the ingredients in the tea will not make you worry when you buy them for pregnant mothers and children.
Since it does not contain caffeine, it is also great for giving as a holiday gift, as a baby bath, or even as a birthday gift for anyone, regardless of age.
Tiesta Tea - Fireberry
- Product 1: CRANBERRY HIBISCUS ROOIBOS TEA: Tangy cranberries and hibiscus flowers fuel this powerful fiery-red rooibos tea and ignite your immune system. Delicious as a hot tea or iced tea, plain or sweetened with honey or sugar.
- Product 1: IMMUNITY BLENDS: Our Immunity blends contain rooibos, herbal and fruit teas, which help you recover by fueling your body with a variety of vitamins and nutrients. Try our Maui Mango tea, Chunky Watermelon tea, or Chocolate Ginger Turmeric tea.
- Product 1: TEA FOR ANY LIFESTYLE: From traditional green teas and breakfast teas to unique herbal teas, and fruit teas like mango teas, ginger teas, turmeric teas & more, Tiesta Tea has the right blend for your lifestyle.
- Product 1: FINDING THE RIGHT TEA SHOULD BE SIMPLE: We have 5 functional categories based on the health benefits of each blend. With a variety of flavors within each function, our blends fit every taste & lifestyle.
- Product 2: LAVENDER CHAMOMILE: This flowery combo of lavender and chamomile proves that tranquility and calmness can be found during even the most hectic of days. Enjoy hot or iced, plain or sweetened with sugar or a touch of honey.
With ingredients primarily extracted from cranberries and hibiscus flowers, this tea will energize you to stay strong and it will also stimulate your immune system. You can drink it hot or add ice. No added anything or added sugar / honey are accepted. No doubt this is on the list of the best hot tea brands.
Herbs and fruits are two safe ingredients that can help you with energy recovery along with lots of vitamins and nutrients.
All flavors and ingredients can be different, but in general, its function is also based on the health benefits of the consumer and depends on the function of each herb. I think all the flavors will suit all the tastes and lifestyles of you or your loved one.
Tea Forte - Loose Leaf Ginger Lemongrass Tea
- ORGANIC TEA in our reusable and recyclable tea tin, each canister makes approximately 35 - 50 delicious cups
- HANDCRAFTED BLENDS begin with uncommon, limited in availability loose full-leaf tea leaves, cultivated in just the right place at just the right time
- STEEP THE PERFECT CUP of hot tea: Place tea leaves in tea infuser or strainer and pour water over the leaves. Steep for 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!
- USDA ORGANIC
Tea has been tested and packaged in good condition. With a packaging design that can be easily opened and closed for your convenience every time there is a need. The taste of the tea is considered to be very delicious and palatable, which can avoid nausea and fatigue. So it is recommended that you also use this tea to heal colds or flu. There are flavors worth trying including ginger and mint: familiar but very beneficial flavors for the body. Especially, good news for you: if you have stomach problems then you can still use this tea.
The users responded that it made their stomachs improve and they felt better. The only complaint about this tea is that the leaves of the tea have to be crushed a bit smaller than current packaging specifications.
Instant Ginger Tea with Honey
I tell you one thing for sure: this brand of tea is great to use when someone has a cold. Overall, this tea comes packaged in the form of strong ginger smell, and a wonderful aroma. If you want a stronger and more aromatic ginger scent can use some spoons at a time.
The manufacturer has improved the recipe in a tea pack so those who are used to the previous taste may need time to get used to the new flavor a bit. Because it contains the flavor of spicy ginger mixed with a little sweet honey, it will always soothe the drinker's throat. Even if you don't have a cold you can still drink as usual because it's so delicious!
Overall a lot of spicy but also very sweet thanks to honey. Sometimes you just need a cup of tea like that to help you forget about the fatigue to sip and relax before bed after a stressful working day.
Celestial Seasonings - Herbal Tea
- Six 20 count boxes of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea
- A spicy chai-style blend with cinnamon, ginger and cloves
- Naturally caffeine free
- Contains no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- Gluten free
Mentioned to be the best herbal tea for cold, this tea is a natural remedy for congestion, and it is also a savior for your throat when you have a common cold. This mint tea, of course with a strong minty flavor, will give you immense refreshment.
Many people expressed love for it for its rich taste and sweetness, not from sugar but from natural sweetness. But if you like to drink even sweeter, add a little more honey to satisfy your taste buds and also help relieve itchy throat!
It will also help you sleep well, relax and rest comfortably when sick. It is essential when a person has a cold.
You should note that this tea is designed with tea bags only, without wires. Preparing a spoon or special utensil to soak the tea in advance can help you enjoy a cup of the best tea.
Bigelow - I Love Lemon Herbal Tea
- Citrus Delight: I Love Lemon with Vitamin C Herbal Tea is an invigorating lemony tea. Caffeine free and the added hibiscus gives it a fruity tart aroma and flavor you can enjoy anytime. Enjoy as a hot tea or iced tea
- Individually Wrapped: Bigelow Tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go! Gluten-free, calorie-free, and Kosher Certified
- Try Every Flavor: There's a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation. Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea, decaffeinated teas, organic teas and a variety of our herbal tea bags
- Blended and Packaged in the USA: In 1945 Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with aromatic orange peel and sweet warming spices. Today, Bigelow is still 100% Family Owned
- Bigelow Tea: Since 1945, Bigelow has been a leader in premium tea and are proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability
I Love Lemon - is this name the mouthpiece of lemon and lemon tea lovers?
Lemons are a fruit with a lot of Vitamin C and are healthy. You will always need lemons to help relieve cold symptoms, that's true.
Now there is a tea with lemon peel as the main ingredient, in addition to a nutritious mixture of rose, ascorbic acid and hibiscus. This will definitely be one of the quality teas for people with colds.
Since it is a lemon peel ingredient, it has a very refreshing lemon scent. Known as one of the best hot tea brands, this is a mild and sweet taste, very easy to drink. The packaging of the tea bags meets the user's requirements: the tea bags are always fresh and keep the taste for a long time.
Some users believe that the taste of the tea bags when brewed is a bit bland. If you want to drink tea with a strong lemon scent, feel free to add a few slices of fresh lemon. After all, with its rich vitamin C content, this tea is truly a natural remedy for colds. We appreciate this tea.
Twinings of London - Lemon & Ginger Herbal Tea
- Twining's Tea Green Tea - Lemon And Ginger - 1 Box - 20 Bags
- Herbal tea made with ginger root and lemon
- Naturally caffeine free Light and zesty flavor with an invigorating effect
Ginger has a very strong anti-inflammatory effect, in addition its taste is also very good for people with colds. Lemons contain vitamin C and are effective in increasing energy. Twinnings has combined these two herbs together to create a wonderful tea that helps cure colds. This tea is of great quality that will help you avoid the drowsiness caused by a cold.
Because it is composed of lemons, this tea will help to have a lot of energy, feeling like the body will be energized and alert. Especially when someone feels nauseous when they have a cold, using this tea will reduce that feeling thanks to the ginger essence in it.
The manufacturer has evenly divided each tea bag with the right amount of tea, so it will retain the fragrance and freshness for a long time. However, since the tea is naturally sweet, don't wonder why this tea is so light in terms of flavor. Maybe because you mixed too much water there.
Harney & Sons - Chamomile Flowers Herbal Tea
- Egypt provides us with the finest chamomile flowers, we use only flower heads with no extenders
- Drinking the liquor from the chamomile flower is very ancient and widespread through many cultures
- Each tin contains 20 tea sachets. Each sachet brews one 12 oz. cup of tea. Certified Kosher. Herbal - contains no caffeine.
- Tea is only as good as the water it is brewed in. Use filtered water as needed. Use one sachet for cup of tea desired. Pour 212F water over the tea and steep for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the sachet. Relax and enjoy.
- HARNEY & SONS IS A PROUD MEMBER OF 1% FOR THE PLANET. Joining 1% for The Planet in 2006 meant we could directly donate one percent of our total sales to the environmental organizations of our choice. Harney & Sons was founded on a commitment to deliver customers the finest quality tea possible. This promise, made over 30 years ago, serves as the company's guiding principle. Today, Harney & Sons Tea remains family owned and managed, with three generations of Harney's preserving John's tradition of fine tea and traveling the world in search of the finest ingredients. It is not only the Harney mission to deliver quality tea products to their customers, but also to educate the world of tea history and taste. Whether through their dedicated customer service team, their published guides to tea drinking, or their two tea tasting shops, the Harney & Sons team works to pass on their passion of tea to a wide audience. From lugging heavy tea filled chests down their basement stairs, to stocking shelves at stores nationwide, Harney & Sons remains committed to delivering their customers a superior tea drinking experience.
When you have a cold, the most terrible thing is to go to sleep day or night with a nose and throat uncomfortable with congestion and coughing. It is good that this tea with chamomile extract will help you sedate, with the effect of relieving anxiety, in addition to helping you sleep easier. Treat the cold with a cup of this tea before going to bed because chamomile also has anti-inflammatory effects (almost the same effect as ginger).
Chamomile also helps fight muscle spasms, so when you feel like you are about to cough or have passed a cough, make sure to take a sip of chamomile tea to ease your uncomfortable spasm. In addition, if you want to reduce the feeling of sinusitis or sore throat, chamomile tea is also a reasonable choice.
Many people who have used this tea make a comment that this chamomile tea has a very rich and refreshing taste. The manufacturer has also applied a significant improvement in flavor already. Depending on the sensitivity of your nose, you will find its smell will be very strong or have a moderate scent to enjoy.
Stash Tea - Moroccan Mint Green Tea
- Brews in one to three minutes
- One box of 20 moroccan mint tea bags
Green tea is a legendary food, it contributes a lot in creating the flavor of food as well as in improving the health of the user. Knowing that, Stash Tea has combined green tea with mint flavor (yet another legendary food) to create one of the best teas to satisfy your body when it has a cold.
Peppermint will help rejuvenate the body because of its extremely cool flavor, which clears the throat and nose. Green tea will help your body and mind feel extremely relaxed. This tea includes two legendary foods that will supplement and provide a full range of antioxidants for the body to completely strengthen the immune system.
Stash-branded mint green tea will have a difference of scent because it is a mixture of green tea and mint rather than green tea or mint. The tea bags also retain their freshness and retain their flavor for a long time. Must say this is the best herbal tea for cold. Try it now!
Organic Yerba Mate - Loose Leaf Tea
- Includes one (1) 16 ounces bag of tranditional loose leaf yerba mate, 40mg caffeine per serving
- Pure Taste: Traditional Yerba Mate is rich, robust, and balanced, with a complex earthy body and a smooth mellow finish
- At Guayaki, we are about much more than just mate: we believe that yerba mate culture is an invitation to life.
- The regeneration of the planet is the heart of our business model. Every time you purchase Guayaki you are creating a positive global impact that we call Market Driven Regeneration, which is the driving force behind everything we do.
Described to "Provides Energy Boost and Aids Digestion - Packed with Antioxidants", this will be a product that promises to give you enough energy and alertness to work and study for a very long day. If you have to go outside (whether to school, work or meet important people), you will feel extremely lethargic when you have cold symptoms but can't rest.
Yerba Mate understands that and markets a tea that helps you stay energized and healthy so you can function and function effectively.
Yerba Tea contains many ingredients with mainly vitamin C and antioxidants. While it's not a cure, it's an effective solution for many symptoms like colds, digestive disorders, ... and can help keep you awake.
Users love the health-enhancing effects of Yerba Mate very much. They suppose this can be the best tea to drink for a cold. However, unlike other teas, this tea contains caffeine. So if you are allergic to caffeine then it will not be the right choice for you. Also since the tea bags are not zip bags, you should have some clips or something in place to secure the leftover tea bags after using them.
Buying Tips To Choose The Best Teas For A Cold
Foods To Use When You Have A Cold
Carrots and other vitamin A rich foods
All vitamins are necessary for a healthy body, but the Harvard Medical School (USA) says vitamin A is a key factor in maintaining a strong immune system. When you have a cold, try sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, spinach or greens, according to Reader.
Cold green tea
Green tea is full of antioxidants that will boost your immune system even if you're already sick. Green tea may also help relieve symptoms that often accompany colds, like a sore throat. Instead of sipping a glass of hot water, Dr. Michael Greger recommends cold brewing: the antioxidant level is higher than when it was made with boiling water, according to Reader.
Researchers from Cornell University (USA) found that blueberries contain more antioxidants than any other fresh fruit tested, it will help beat sneeze. Eat blueberries when you have a cold, or sprinkle them on a cereal bowl or yogurt to add vitamin D.
Tea is very comfortable when you have a congested nose, especially anise tea. Health.com recommends American Pharmaceutical Association recipes: one cup of ground aniseed in a cup of hot water, flavored with sugar, garlic, cinnamon or honey. Sip this tea three times a day. If you don't like the licorice flavor, try mint, according to Reader.
WebMD says mint tea acts as an appetizer, loosening mucus and relieving coughs.
Health.com recommends eating oily fish, like salmon and tuna, when you have a cold, to take advantage of their omega-3 fatty acids. These compounds help reduce inflammation in the body, which may prevent the immune system from working properly.
To Fight Colds and Flu, Drink The Following Herbal Teas
Recent studies published in the Medical Journal of Advances in Therapy show that echinacea purple flu extract can help reduce the risk of recurrence of respiratory infections, while also reducing the risk of pneumonia, ear infections, tonsillitis. and sore throat.
In a study published in the Journal of Cell Immunology, researchers found that even if you already have a respiratory infection, drinking echinacea tea can help reduce the severity of symptoms because they have the properties. powerful anti-inflammatory.
According to Stephen Harrod Buhner, a world-renowned plant researcher, drinking ginger tea or eating fresh ginger can help fight viruses and bacteria, even if antibiotics or antivirals fail.
Infographic: Avoid 10 Bad Habits That Can Cause Back Pain Immediately Infographic: Immediately Avoid 10 Bad Habits That Can Causes Back Pain7 personality types and their effects on your health 7 personality types and their effects on your health you SHOULD READ
TS. James Duke recommends drinking peppermint tea to alleviate congestion caused by cold or flu. You can drink 2 - 3 cups of peppermint tea per day for this benefit.
What Is Good When You Have A Cold?
When we have a cold, doctors often advise us: "Drink as much water as possible". In fact, the body when infected with a cold will need more hydration to quickly recover. Some drinks are very effective at relieving symptoms of the disease, but some other drinks that are not used carefully can make the condition worse. So what should people not drink and what should they drink when they have a cold?
Staying hydrated is one of the most important things that sick people should keep in mind when suffering from a cold. Symptoms like fever, heavy sweating, vomiting or diarrhea can cause you to lose a lot of water and electrolytes.
When your throat feels dry, enjoy a cup of warm tea. The heat of the tea will help soothe a stuffy nose, sore throat, stomach pain or congestion.
Tea also contains polyphenols - a natural substance found in plants that has many health benefits such as antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anti-virus, fungi and cancer.
To help increase the immune system of the body, you should drink a cup of warm ginger tea. In addition, you can also add a little honey to the drink to relieve coughs, nausea and help sleep better.
You can also add warm lemon juice to rehydrate your body, and help relieve symptoms of difficulty breathing and congestion. Lemons contain a large amount of vitamin C, which will help ease the early cold if you use them regularly.
Conclusion best teas for a cold Top Pick For The Best
Anytime you have a cold or have severe allergic symptoms, remember to drink these teas above, especially in the chilly autumn morning. Choosing the best teas for a cold may be very useful as well as wonderful. In short, they are the BEST FOR those looking to relieve coughs, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose and fever. They also contain antibacterial and antiviral properties to help treat common colds and flu in the most natural, quick and effective way.
After the newest reviews of 2020 about best teas for a cold here, we will pick up for you 5 good brands that we think people should try once in their life so as not to regret not using them earlier:
Best for: fighting off cold-causing bacteria easily
Best for: preventing fatigue and stressful
Best for: relieving cold symptoms effectively
Best for: reducing the feeling of nauseous, adding more energy
Best for: supporting the body for the feeling of extremely relaxed
To sum up, all of the above are the information that you should know about the best teas for a cold so as to understand and take care more for your health.
Maybe you should keep in mind this: sipping a few cups of chamomile tea every day is one of the best ways to help you relax, sedate, worry-free, and bring a sense of peace.
Wish you lots of health through every cold or flu and cold season!